Quick Facts about William Angliss Institute (WAI)
- WAI offers a two-week short course titled Certificate II in Tourism (Flight Attendant Pre-Training Course) structured to provide students with an understanding of the aviation industry, emergency procedures, customer service and scripted commentaries. Students will attain industry recognised units including Responsible Service of Alcohol and Apply First Aid. On graduation students will be fully prepared for the application process for flight attendant positions through the major airlines – Flight Attendant Pre-Training
- WAI has also recently introduced a 6-month Certificate III in Aviation (Flight Operations) designed to enhance students’ opportunities to fulfil their plans to work with an airline as a cabin crew member. The focus of this course is about customer service, and not really about emergency procedures. Topics of study – beverage service, flight retailing, meeting customers, etc. managing disruptive customers, etc.
- WAI offers a range of courses in events, from certificate to bachelor level – Events Management
- Another specialised area WAI offers training in is Resort Management and students get to gain specialised industry training and qualifications tailored to particular areas of the industry, including alpine, dive, water recreation and spa and wellness – Resort Management
- Students keen on the travel and tourism courses offered at WAI might like to access a dedicated blog that provides ongoing snippets of information about students’ activities, travels and insights as they proceed through semester – Tourism and Travel Blog
- New in 2016, the Angliss International Hotel School offers students a study pathway to take service delivery to a new and luxurious level. With exposure to masterclasses covering the finer and more specialised areas of hotel service, students will be equipped for a career offering exceptional service in the international hotel industry.