News from the University of Tasmania (UTAS)
The University of Tasmania (UTAS) also invites the best and the brightest from across Australia to apply for a Relocation Scholarship. The scholarship is designed to encourage high achieving interstate students to study Law at the University of Tasmania by assisting with the financial costs of moving to Tasmania. The scholarship consists of a once-off payment of approximately $5,000 and is awarded automatically to eligible students who accept an offer and enrol to study law at UTAS.
To be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, students must –
- Be a new/commencing University student
- Have recently completed year 12
- Have achieved an ATAR of 90 or above (or the equivalent)
- Are enrolled in a direct entry Bachelor of Laws or Combined Degree with Law at the University of Tasmania as of the applicable census date
For further information please contact the Faculty of Law Executive Officer at Kira.White@utas.edu.au or visit Law Relocation Scholarship
- Alternative Pathways to Medicine
UTAS has a number of pathways to medicine including a pathway through one of the following degrees at UTAS:
- Bachelor of Biotechnology and Medical Research
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
Each year UTAS gives MBBS entry to students who have studied one year full-time in one of these degrees at the University of Tasmania. To be considered for this option students will need to apply into the MBBS demonstrating a distinction average (70%) achievement in one of the degrees listed, a competitive UMAT score and completion of MBBS pre-requisite subjects. This option is not available to international applicants. Students interested in this option will need to put one of these degrees down as their second or third preference when applying for the MBBS.
To find out more about this and other pathways visit Pathways to Medicine at UTAS
Applications to the University of Tasmania for students commencing in Semester 1, 2016 are now open! Visit UTAS Admissions to find out more!