News from Monash University
- Update from the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Interviews for medicine, physiotherapy, radiography & medical imaging will be held from 5 – 8 January 2016. Students are reminded that to be considered for these courses, they must make their VTAC application by 30 September 2015. These courses cannot be added to an applicant’s preference list after this date, due to the interview requirements.
Please note however that as long as a student has at least one of the MBBS codes on their preference list by close of timely applications, they can add other MBBS codes after this time. Courses that must be listed on VTAC by 30 September 2015 are:
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (Honours)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours)
- Applicants eligible for Medicine will be required to undertake an 8 station Multiple Mini Interview (MMI).
- Applicants eligible for Physiotherapy and Radiography and Medical Imaging will be required to undertake a 4 station
- Applicants who have included MBBS as well as Physiotherapy and/or Radiography on their preference list, and who are eligible for all, will be invited to attend an 8 station MM Their MMI result will then be adjusted for the purposes of selection for Physiotherapy and/or Radiography.
- Applicants should only be invited to attend one
Visit Monash – Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences for more on courses offered through the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
- New Faculty of Science Website
The newly launched Future Students section of the Faculty of Science website is a great way for students to find out instantly what makes studying Science at Monash so special and distinctive. From ‘10 facts that make us great’ and an exploration of undergraduate course options, to postgraduate study options and a snapshot of campus life, the faculty aims to give prospective students a clearer understanding of why it makes sense for them to apply to Monash to study Science. Find out more at Science at Monash
- Pharmacy Magazine goes Digital!
The Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has launched its digital magazine, Alchemy. As well as stories and commentary on the education and research at Australia’s leading pharmacy school, the digital magazine allows readers to learn more about the Faculty through interviews and video. View Alchemy here!