Gapmedics


Gap Medics

Year 11 and 12 students considering a career in medicine, nursing, dentistry or midwifery might like to take up an opportunity to participate in a short-term healthcare work experience placement overseas. Gap Medics is based in the UK, but its programs are open to students from all around the world.

So, what does a placement involve? During weekdays, students shadow highly skilled doctors in their day-to-day work on a fully-supervised hospital placement. Students also benefit from clinical teaching on their placement.

Gap Medics owns houses in all the destinations; the houses have 24-hour security with walled gardens and a full time staff team in every destination too. There is a night time manager on duty every evening. Students stay in the Gap Medics homes and food, pick up and transfers are all inclusive. Approximately 90 % of current participating students are Year 11 and 12 students, with the remaining 10% being university students.

Visit Gap Medics to find out more!