Career as a Police Custody Officer
Victoria Police is currently hiring Police Custody Officers (PCOs). Police Custody Officers (PCOs) are responsible for overseeing the management of persons in the custody of Victoria Police. The Police Custody Officer role offers a stimulating, challenging and rewarding career. You are a valued member of the local police team and play a crucial role in the management and welfare of persons in custody.
The role responsibilities of the PCO will be:
- Perform all duties relating to the management of persons in the custody of Victoria Police.
- Ensure the health, wellbeing, safety and supervision of persons in custody, staff and visitors.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding the management, transport, offsite attendance or video links for persons in custody.
- Carry out all prisoner management functions in accordance with established legislation, policies and procedures, including preparing routine correspondence, attendance registers, creation of reports and other administrative tasks whilst ensuring appropriate follow-up action is taken when required.
- Perform administrative duties.
In order to be eligible to apply, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- Must hold full or probationary Australian drivers licence (must be transferred to Victorian drivers licence at commencement of employment)
- Must hold Level 1 First Aid Certificate valid for 12 months at commencement of employment
- Body Mass Index must not exceed 30
- Must not have any outstanding warrants, payment orders or payment plans in relation to traffic or parking infringements.
- Must have a ‘Working with Children’ card on commencement of employment
Find out more at Police Custody Officer